Overnight ratings for sporting events on broadcast last weekend, including Week 6 of the NFL season, the NLCS on FOX, NASCAR on ABC, and college football on ABC, CBS and NBC.
Overnight ratings for sporting events on broadcast
Final ratings for these events may already be available.
|NFL||Cowboys/Vikings (96%)||Sun., 10/17/10||4:15 PM||FOX||
|NFL||Ravens/Patriots, MIA/GB, CLE/PIT, KC/HOU, SD/STL, NYJ/DEN or OAK/SF||Sun., 10/17/10||1 PM||CBS||
|NFL||Colts/Washington||Sun., 10/17/10||8:30 PM||NBC||
|NFL||Falcons/Eagles (52%), DET/NYG (16%), SEA/CHI (16%) or NO/TB (7%)||Sun., 10/17/10||1 PM||FOX||
|NFL||The OT||Sun., 10/17/10||7:30 PM||FOX||
|NFL||Football Night In America||Sun., 10/17/10||7:30 PM||NBC||
|College Football||Texas/#5 Nebraska (79%) or #15 Iowa/Michigan (21%)||Sat., 10/16/10||3:30 PM||ABC||
|NFL||FOX NFL Sunday||Sun., 10/17/10||12 PM||FOX||
|NFL||The NFL Today||Sun., 10/17/10||12 PM||CBS||
|College Football||Arkansas/Auburn||Sat., 10/16/10||3:30 PM||CBS||
|College Football||Western Michigan/Notre Dame||Sat., 10/16/10||2:30 PM||NBC||
|College Football||College Football Countdown||Sat., 10/16/10||3 PM||ABC||
|College Football||College Football Today||Sat., 10/16/10||3 PM||CBS||
- FOX: Sunday’s Cowboys/Vikings NFL national window drew a 17.4 overnight rating on FOX, up 17% from last year, up 8% from 2008, and the second-highest overnight of the season for an NFL telecast on any network. Earlier in the day, regional action featuring Falcons/Eagles drew an 8.5 overnight, down 20% from last year, and down 16% from ’08.
- NBC: The Colts’ win over Washington drew a 13.2 overnight rating on NBC Sunday Night Football, up 10% from last year and up 40% from ’08.
- Saturday’s Western Michigan/Notre Dame game drew a mere 1.4 overnight rating on NBC, down 44% from the network’s fifth game last year.
- CBS: The Week 6 NFL singleheader on CBS drew a 14.3 overnight rating on CBS, up 20% from last year, and tied as the highest overnight for the singleheader window on CBS since the network resumed airing NFL coverage in ’98.
- On Saturday, CBS drew a 2.7 overnight rating for Arkansas/Auburn, down 44% from last year, and the second-lowest overnight of the season for college football on CBS (six telecasts).
- ABC: The lone college football telecast on ABC over the weekend drew a 3.6 overnight rating, up 13% from last year and down 31% from ’08.
|MLB||Giants/Phillies Game 2||Sun., 10/17/10||8 PM||FOX||
|MLB||Giants/Phillies Game 1||Sat., 10/16/10||7:30 PM||FOX||
- Overnight ratings for Games 1 and 2 of the NLCS on FOX were down 16% and 9%, respectively, from the first two games of last year’s ALCS on FOX.
|NASCAR||Bank of America 500||Sat., 10/16/10||7:30 PM||ABC||
|NASCAR||NASCAR Countdown||Sat., 10/16/10||7 PM||ABC||
- ABC earned a 2.9 overnight rating for Saturday’s Bank of America 500, down 3% from last year (3.0), and down 17% from 2008 (3.5) — but the highest overnight of the Chase For The Cup.
|Extreme||Dew Tour Championships||Sun., 10/17/10||4 PM||NBC||
|Extreme||Dew Tour Championships (taped)||Sat., 10/16/10||12:30 PM||NBC||
|Golf||PGA Tour, Playing With A Purpose (taped)||Sat., 10/16/10||2 PM||CBS||
- The 1.1 overnight for Sunday’s coverage of the Dew Tour marks a whopping 175% increase from the telecast on the comparable date last year (0.4). Saturday’s telecast drew a 0.5, even with last year.