Catching up on some ratings after a Nielsen delay last week, here are the numbers from the weekend of July 6-7. Among the events listed: MLB on FOX (July 6), the MLB All-Star Selection Show (July 6), the PGA Tour Greenbrier Classic on CBS (July 6-7), the Tour de France on NBC (July 7), and the season finale of IndyCar on ABC (July 7).
- Regional Major League Baseball action featuring Braves/Phillies earned a 1.9 final rating and 2.9 million viewers on FOX July 6, down 21% in ratings and 23% in viewership from coverage featuring Yankees/Red Sox last year (2.4, 3.8M), and down 5% and 4%, respectively, from afternoon coverage featuring Yankees/Mets in 2011 (2.0, 3.0M).
- The MLB All-Star Selection Show earned a 0.6 final rating and 966,000 viewers on FOX July 6, up 50% in ratings and 61% in viewership from an edition of “MLB Player Poll” in the same timeslot a week earlier (0.4, 599K). The selection show aired on TBS from 2007-12.
- Rain-delayed final round coverage of the PGA Tour Greenbrier Classic drew a 1.0 final rating and 1.45 million viewers on CBS July 7, down 55% in ratings from last year (2.2), and down 23% and 26%, respectively, from 2011 (1.3, 2.0M). The previous day, third round action drew a 1.0 and 1.4 million viewers — down 29% in ratings from last year (1.4), and up 11% and 2%, respectively, from 2011 (0.9, 1.3M).
… and the rest
- Live coverage of The Tour De France earned a 0.8 final rating and just under 1.1 million viewers on NBC July 7, flat in ratings compared to the network’s comparable telecast last year. The telecast had a lower median age (57) than baseball on FOX (58), IndyCar on ABC (58), Wimbledon replays on ABC (61+) and golf on CBS (64+).
- The July 7 IndyCar Series Pocono IndyCar 400 drew a 0.9 final rating and 1.3 million viewers on ABC, up 80% in ratings compared to the network’s final telecast of last season — an August race from Mid-Ohio (0.5). Four of the six IndyCar telecasts on ABC earned less than a 1.0 rating, with the lone exceptions being the Indy 500 (3.7) and a primetime race from Texas (1.0).
- ABC drew a 0.8 final rating and 1.1 million viewers for a rebroadcast of the Andy Murray/Novak Djokovic Wimbledon men’s final on July 7. The previous day, an encore presentation of the Marion Bartoli/Sabine Lisicki women’s final — which was interrupted by breaking news coverage — drew a 0.6 and 877,000.
- As previously reported, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Coke Zero 400 led the weekend with a 3.5 U.S. rating and 5.7 million viewers on TNT.