Turner Sports sideline reporter Craig Sager has had another setback in his battle against leukemia.
Doctors told Sager last month that his leukemia is no longer in remission, according to an except released Monday of an interview he did with HBO’s Real Sports. The full interview will air on Tuesday night. News of the setback comes just five months after Sager was medically cleared to return home from treatment.
Sager was first diagnosed with leukemia nearly two years ago. He recovered enough to return to the NBA on TNT last March, but suffered a setback soon afterward. It was not until October that he began to resume his career full time.
Now entering what he calls “uncharted waters,” Sager said he is “still kicking, still fighting” and that while he has not “won the battle” yet, he has not “lost it either.” A Turner Sports spokesperson told Yahoo! Sports that Sager plans to continue working the sidelines for the NBA on TNT, with his next scheduled assignment Wizards/Warriors a week from Tuesday.
(Mon. news from Yahoo! Sports)








